Tell us you’re taking your vehicle off the road (SORN)
To apply online you'll need one of the following:
- the 11 digit reference number on your log book (V5C)
- the 16 digit reference number on your vehicle tax renewal letter (V11)
- the 12 digit reference number on your New Keeper Supplement (V5C/2) if you've just bought the vehicle
- the 16 digit reference number on your last chance letter
- the 11 digit reference number on your warning letter
You must only use vehicle registration documents with your name on.
Other ways to apply
Telephone: 0300 123 4321
Textphone: 0300 790 6201
Find out more about call charges
At the Post Office
Go to your local Post Office that deals with vehicle tax. You'll need to take:
- completed V11 reminder, V5C or new keeper supplement (V5C/2)
In Northern Ireland you'll also need an insurance certificate or cover note.