Taxing a vehicle

To apply online you'll need one of the following:

  • your vehicle tax renewal letter (V11)
  • your log book (V5C)
  • your New Keeper Supplement (V5C/2) if you've just bought the vehicle
  • your Last Chance letter

Other ways to apply

By phone

Telephone: 0300 123 4321
Textphone: 0300 790 6201
Find out more about call charges

At the Post Office

Go to your local Post Office that deals with vehicle tax. You'll need to take:

  • completed V11 reminder, V5C or new keeper supplement (V5C/2)
  • MOT test certificate if required (must be valid when the tax starts)
  • the payment shown on the reminder

In Northern Ireland you'll also need an insurance certificate or cover note.